Minnesota Permit to Carry Application Info:
- You must apply in person, in the county of your residence. Mailed applications are NOT accepted.
- You must present a current Minnesota driver’s license, state issued ID or Passport (or a legible photo copy).
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- You must present a current certificate of completion of a Minnesota Permit to Carry Class taught by a BCA certified instructor (these certificates are valid for one year from the date it was issued).
- Applications must be filled out completely, incomplete or inaccurate applications may result in getting denied. Do not sign your application until you are at the Sheriff’s office.
- Application approval may take up to 30 days and is dependent on a detailed background check. If your application is approved your card will be mailed directly to your home address. If you are denied, you will receive a letter stating why.
- A Minnesota Permit to Carry is valid for 5 years.
Minnesota Permit to Carry Applications are available to download online and at your local county Sheriff’s office.
Minneapolis + St. Paul County Sheriff’s Office Locations:
- Anoka County
13301 Hanson Blvd NW, Andover, MN 55304 (map)
- Carver County
606 E 4th St, Chaska, MN 55318 (map)
- Dakota County
1580 Hwy 55, Hastings, MN 55033 (map)
- Hennepin County (Downtown)
350 S 5th St, Minneapolis, MN 55415 (map)
- Hennepin County (Brooklyn Park)
9401 83rd Ave N, Brooklyn Park, MN 55445 (map)
- Ramsey County
425 Grove Street, St Paul, MN 55101 (map)
(located on the first floor)
- Scott County
301 Fuller St S, Shakopee, MN 55379 (map)
- Washington County
15015 62nd St N, Stillwater, MN 55082 (map)
- Minnesota Permit to Carry Application
- Permit to Purchase Application
- Transfer and Registration of Firearm