Conceal and Carry Permits and Training
Permit to Carry Applications
- Apply in person, in the county of your residence, mailed applications are NOT accepted.
- You must present a current Minnesota driver’s license, state issued ID or Passport (or a legible photo copy).
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- You must present a current certificate of completion of a Minnesota Permit to Carry class taught by a BCA certified instructor (these certificates are valid for one year from the date it was issued).
- Applications can be found here and are available at the Sheriff’s office.
- Applications must be filled out completely, incomplete or inaccurate applications may result in getting denied. Do not sign until you are at the Sheriff’s office.
- Application approval may take up to 30 days and is dependent on a detailed background check. If your application is approved your card will be mailed directly to your home address. If you are denied, you will receive a letter stating why.
- A Minnesota Permit to Carry is valid for 5 years.
Sheriff’s Office Locations: